Unkown tag : NAVIGATE
Florabank Seed Symposium at ESA08 Conference, Sydney 1-5 Dec
"Native Seeds: Germinating Science for Revegetation Success" was the name of the Symposium Florabank convened at the Ecological Society of Australia's 08 Conference at Sydney University from December 1-5 http://www.ecolsoc.org.au/conference/esa08/
This Symposium featured a range of Australian Native Seed research.
- Dr Linda Broadhurst (CSIRO Plant Industry) "Genetic Considerations for seed sourcing in fragmented landscapes"
- David Carr (Greening Australia) "Science improving practice: the importance of good seed information"
- Dr Melinda Pickup (Greening Australia) "How local is local?"
- Dr Siegy Krauss (Kings Park and Botanic Gardens, Western Australia) "Towards a genetic provenance atlas for SW Western Australia - progress, problems and possibilities"
- Dr Cathy Waters (DPI NSW) "Using local seed sources can ignore the complexities of evolutionary development in Australian native grasses"
- Drs Cathy Offord and Amelia Martyn (Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust, Sydney) "Overview of Seed Research in NSW"
- Esther Cromer (Alcoa World Alumina Australia) "Large scale minesite rehabilitation: Turning research into production"
- Dr Paul Gibson-Roy (The University of Melbourne/Greening Australia) "Restoring species-rich grassland: An alternative approach to obtaining, processing and delivering seed"
- Dr Penny Atkinson (Greening Australia) "Florabank - communicating native seed research to improve on-ground outcomes"
For more information about the ESA08 conference please contact the organisers through their website: http://www.ecolsoc.org.au/conference/esa08/